Micro teach

• Notes on Micro teach a work in progress to be completed with images included.

The micro teach was really an interesting morning and day of teaching and learning and participating in the lessons of the micro teach everyone had something different to share.

The thing I found beneficial about the micro teach lessons and also interesting what’s that we were in a position of the students participating within the micro teach therefore was able to consider from the other side of being a student. Therefore to consider what they may be going through an experience in within that lesson.

It was interesting to see the different teaching styles that was literally brought to the table. I also found interesting the different ways in order to engage students the important thing was to maybe get student starting straight away into action I’ve learnt this from my own teaching experience at secondary that having a starter activity to get into straight away or engaged students.

What the micro teach lessons had in common ways to involve student discussion therefore to assess learning and ideas methods of gathering and huddle review and discuss the progress of learning and learning outcomes by the use of peer and tutor feedback. This helps to bring equity into a lesson and a great opportunity to stretch students into thinking critically. To engage students  with themselves and their ideas as well as engaging of current themes such as sustainability, social justice, politics.

Show presentation slides are also useful they can be structured to fall in line with the lesson delivery for instance having a question at the start or starter then the task then some references for the main and a slide for the plenary therefore a presentation example resources which is something to go to students along and also use for the teacher to keeping alignment to the lesson plan.

2 Replies to “Micro teach”

1. Hi Sharon
    I also found it interesting to see varied teaching styles brought to the table, and also seeing how different activities can really set the tone in the classroom. In some cases the objects prompted discussion, and in other cases they were integral to the task.
    Gabrielle

1. Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for your comment. Yes I agree it was really good to see how the activities were connected to ones teaching style.
      Everyone had brought a great value to their micro teach that can be adopted within our own. It was great to be part of an exciting teaching adventure.

Sharon